Constitution Hill is open daily from 9am to 5pm, with the final tour departing from the Visitor Centre at 4pm. Constitution Hill is closed on Good Friday, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
Bookings are not required for individuals and small groups. If you fall into this category, please simply purchase your tickets at the Visitor Centre upon arrival. Alternatively tickets can be purchased online at a 5% discount via webtickets.
If you are visiting Constitution Hill as part of your City Sightseeing red bus tour, your red bus ticket entitles you to a 25% discount off your Constitution Hill ticket price on the day of your red bus trip.
Discounts are also available for tour operators and school groups.
|Art and Justice||1.5 hours||R90||R45||R50||R45|
|Time Travel||3 hours||R350||R150||R250||R150|
|Walk with Madiba||1.5 hours||R90||R45||R50||R45|
|Constitutional Court||1.5 hours||R90||R45||R50||R45|
Please note the following terms and conditions:
- Student pricing is available to full-time students upon the presentation of a valid student ID
- Pensioner discounts apply to visitors with proof that they are over 60 years of age
- Children’s rates apply to children between the ages of seven and 17
- Children under the age of seven do not pay to visit the precinct, however there is a cost for certain programmes offered at the children's room. These rates will be finalised in 2017
- Children must be 12 years and older to purchase an admission ticket on their own and visit the Constitution Hill precinct unaccompanied
- All children under the age of 12 require an adult escort. An adult escort is someone who is above the age of 17
- We encourage families to explore Constitution Hill together and offer a family ticket option which applies for up to two adults and four children between the ages of seven and 17
- Combination tickets cannot be separated or used with any other promotion
- Visitors with disabilities pays regular admission fees depending on their age group. Attendants accompanying visitors with a disabilities receive free admission, at a maximum of one attendant per person. All other visitors in the group pay regular admission fees
- The Highlights Tour runs daily every hour from 9am to 4pm
- The Full Tour runs every day at 10am and 1pm
- The Night, Art and Justice, Time Travel, Walk with Madiba and Constitutional Court Tours are only available to group bookings of 10 people or more
- The Night Tour takes place on the last Thursday of every month
- The Time Travel Tour takes place on the last Friday of every month
- Admission fees are subject to change without notice
A more comprehensive list of our rates is available here.
Advanced reservations are advised for all group tours of 20 people or more. As the precinct can be very busy, we strongly advise you to reserve a time slot in advance. If attendance is high, groups without a reservation may not be permitted access.
Please note that the following criteria apply:
- Children under the age of seven are free
- Adult group leaders must remain with students or children at all times
- Admission fees are subject to change
For more information on these offerings, please contact us.
Red bus special
Discounted tickets of more than 25% are available to those visiting Constitution Hill on the City Sightseeing red bus.
These discounts apply to both the Highlights and Full Tours. Ticket prices are as follows:
- Adult red bus special: R48.75
- Child/Student red bus special: R22.50
- Pensioner red bus special: R33.75
- Family special (five people with a maximum of two adults): R160
- Adult red bus special: R63.75
- Child/Student red bus special: R41.25
- Pensioner red bus special: R45
- Family special (five people with a maximum of two adults): R250
Booking for school programs for 2017 opens November 2016. The number of school visits per day is limited so please book early to secure your dates and avoid disappointment.
For more information on the school programmes we have available for learners and to make a booking, please visit our learn section.
Complimentary tours are issued by our group sales, venue hire, marketing, education and public programmes departments. In this instance, complimentary cards (known as Be Our Guest passes) are provided in advance.
Other complimentary tours can be arranged through Constitution Hill's management, partners or the Constitutional Court, and must be approved by management.
On museum free-for-all days, Constitution Hill opens its doors to visitors free of charge. This offer applies to general admission for self-guided tours throughout the precinct. Please note that regular parking fees apply.
The following commemorative days are free-for-all days:
- Human Rights Day: 21 March
- Freedom Day: 27 April
- Youth Day: 16 June
- Women's Day: 9 August
- Heritage Day: 24 September
- World Tourism Day: 27 September
- Day of Reconciliation: 16 December
Please note the following conditions concerning refunds:
- Purchased tickets are non-refundable, but you can change your ticket to another date if necessary
- Re-bookings are made by calling the visitor services administrator on 011 381 3100 weekdays between 8am and 5pm
- Re-bookings must be made prior to your visit
- Re-bookings are only made on individual tickets, not on group visits or guided tours
- A re-booking fee applies